The McIntyre Family and its staff have been committed to the needs of those suffering from substance abuse and addition since before the doors of the McIntyre Center opened in 1985. With nearly 200 years of combined experience in counseling and education the staff understands the importance of working with each person on an individual basis to create a treatment plan that works for that person.
For almost 30 years we have dedicated ourselves to counseling and educating clients, families, schools, community members, attorneys and court officials about the disease of addiction.
Founders of McIntyre Center
Edie & Joe McIntyre
In 1985, Edie and Joe McIntyre opened the McIntyre Clinic in Parma Heights. The McIntyre Clinic was an outpatient treatment facility designed to meet the needs of clients who suffered from alcohol/drug dependence. Having been one of the founding directors of Glenbeigh Hospital, Edie felt it was important to treat the "whole" person, not just the addiction. Both Edie and Joe felt the need to reach out to community in a small, outpatient setting that treated clients individually and more importantly with dignity and respect. Throughout the years, the McIntyre Clinic helped thousands of people overcome their addictions through counseling and education.
Sadly, both Edie and Joe passed away in 2011. Their daughter Kelley and her husband Jehad have taken ownership in the business. Both are committed to continuing the outstanding work of Edie and Joe in providing the highest quality of care and service to our clients, family members, employers, and legal personnel.
Owners of McIntyre Center
Kelley McIntyre-Deir & Jehad Deir
Kelley, the daughter of Edie and Joe holds a Master's Degree in Education and has been a professional educator for over 17 years. She has been an integral part of the McIntyre Center since its inception, working in all areas of the business including: client education and treatment, certification, fiscal management, marketing, and program development. Jehad holds a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and brings over 19 years of corporate experience in engineering, training and quality assurance to the McIntyre Center.
What Makes us different from other programs?
- We are full time: Monday thru Friday, 10am-5pm
- Our staff is fully licensed and credentialed by the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board, LICD, LICDC, RN, LICC, Masters Degree
- In addition to chemical dependence education & treatment services, our program includes speakers from: AA, BMV, Police, AL-NON, Insurance, Nutritionist
- We do assessments-outpatient treatment-intensive and traditional
- All services are certified by O.D.A.D.A.S.
- We are not a public funded agency
- Service at a reasonable cost
- Our groups are limited in size and offer personal service